Friday, January 26, 2007

One Week Down ...

... and 14 more to go till the semester ends. Yes I'm already thinking about it and I can't wait. I seem to have a good group of students in both sections, but it's only the first week.

I plan to write again today but I also have to complete several dissertation fellowship applications in the next week. One of the applications requires a 5-7 page abstract detailing my research, how it is located in a discipline or field of study, and what are its contributions. My eyes initially rolled up at the requirement. Another damn thing to write for something that I could be denied. But I quickly found it was a blessing in disguise. Part of writing this abstract is becoming a shortened version of my conclusion. And to have a real deadline is forcing me to put my thoughts together in an articulate and coherent manner. I had forgotten how having a real deadline is forcing me to write and finish a piece.

0 comments: