Monday, September 8, 2008

Is This It?

So I got my diploma today.

I opened the package which included my official transcripts, a description of the alumni association, a thank you memo, and of course my diploma.

My name is in big bold letters and underneath it reads, "awarded the Doctorate of Philosophy in Cultural Studies."

*sarcasm hat on*

Wow. I am soooooooo excited at my accomplishment.

Wow. Three extra letters after my name.

Wow. Over ten years of heartache for a friggin' piece of paper.

Wow. Student loans up the ying yang that I will have to start paying off soon.

*sarcasm hat off*

I did have the best dissertation committee that anyone could ever ask for.

I have met a number of colleagues and friends who are very supportive.

I do have a job at a great college with the most wonderful students.

I am making the most of what I got.

So it's all good in the end. ^.^

1 comments:

ortho said...

Great news! Congratulations!