Sunday, October 12, 2008

COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!!

Pioneers 21, Knox 14

Finally! Pioneers win their first home game since the season started. With an overall 3-3 record, the team looks pretty good this year considering they only won one game all season last year. Though I love a winning record, I'm more happy to be at an actual football game with fans, friends, and families cheering the team. It also helps that I have several of my students on the team so there's an added incentive to watch them play. I've made it to every home game and while the loss to Monmouth was devastating (0-69), this win more than makes up the past two losses.

On a side note, I've never tried my hand at sport photography. I purchased a Sigma 70-300mm lens a few weeks ago and it's got a pretty good range, but it lacks automatic focus so I lose a few shots. It's definitely not shooting flowers or landscape.


2 comments:

ortho said...

hmpf, I did not know your college had a football team.

Disoriented said...

Indeed they do and believe it or not, the athletes are exceptional students like everyone else here!