Wednesday, July 9, 2008

And Mr. Smith Leaves Washington, DC

Today is my last day in Arlington, VA Washington, DC.

Movers came yesterday and picked up everything that we packed.

J and I had one great and last dinner with a very dear friend/colleague from her department -- Korean BBQ! We had one last toast together and to our friend.

We vacuumed, washed, scrubbed, and dusted (not necessarily in that order) our apartment.

We threw away tons of goodies and foods from Trader Joe's, the Korean market, etc.

We slept on the floor last night because the movers took our bed.

I hit my head on the side view mirror of the mover's truck leaving a 2-inch cut that bled for some time. Yeah, that was stupid of me.

I have no cable TV, but I still have internet access.

Our 80-year-old next door neighbor was sad to see us go, but insisted that J and I finally get married.

We have a few more things to do, final packing, and some more trash to throw away this morning.

We'll have our last lunch here, maybe at the local diner -- the same one that we went to the first night J arrived for her job at "that school" in Fairfax. It's seems fitting that we begin and end there.

After lunch, we'll hit the road driving for about 2-3 days to our first stop at Wichita, KS to see J's family. Her mom's cooking is to die for! And I'll get to shoot pool with her father who is pretty good opponent. After 2-3 days of resting and recuperating, we'll make our way for 6.5 hours to our final destination at Grinnell, IA.

That's it. =D

1 comments:

ortho said...

Good luck with the move!