Sunday, July 6, 2008

Follow Up

It's down to the wire as the last bits and pieces and random items need to be collected, cleaned, and either packed or thrown away. Here's a few more quick thoughts from these past few days:

  • shrink wrap is a lifesaver!
  • my girlfriend has skills in spatial reasoning!
  • I found my kuffiyeh that my best friend gave to me twenty years ago.
  • discarded some seriously old videotapes of The Last Starfighter, Robotech, and TRON.
  • aching back muscles hurt a lot; in fact, everything hurts more when you're older.
  • changing the addresses of your bank, cable TV, internet, telephone, wireless, and electric account is a pain in the ass.
  • having no dishware is like camping; we're using plastic plates, cups, and utensils now.
  • donating used books and CDs to the public library is better than throwing it into the trash ... except if it's a Milli Vanilli CD.
  • if something doesn't fit in the box, go buy a bigger one.
  • eating fast food all the time is a little gross ... except Arby's. =D
  • found an old jury summons from ten years ago.
  • found an audiotape of Beatles' songs that I made in 1986.
  • also found a 24 cent stamp when postage was 24 cents.
  • getting ready for the 2-3 day road trip by storing 2 gallons of water in the trunk.
  • will have one last dinner with a great friend and colleague; it'll be sad.

That's it for now. I hope to post one last time before I leave on Tuesday.

0 comments: