Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Grinnell Housing

A few days ago, right when we're about to sign off on the apartment in downtown Grinnell, it was suddenly and painfully swiped from us by another renter! The rental market is pretty competitive considering that prime spots with all the amenities are highly sought after locations.

I was worried. I think my partner was more worried than me. But after a few more days, and with the assistance of my wonderful colleague, we finally found a wonderful gem. It's a house with over 1,500 square feet, 2 bedroom / 1 bath with a garage, attic, basement, washer/dryer, central air, and large front and backyard right off the campus on Elm Street. It so happens that my colleague in the Sociology Department is my next door neighbor as well! But finally, I can have some peace of mind knowing that we'll have a place to live.

Now I got to think about a decent snow shovel.

0 comments: