Thursday, August 28, 2008

And so it begins ...

Just finished tweaking my syllabus for both classes. It's been a major update and it's rather ambitious but I think it'll work. I just hope the students will enjoy it and find the materials compelling.

I'll find out tomorrow.

UPDATE: The Day After
Friday was a seriously busy day! Taught my two classes in the early morning, then J and I and a few of my colleagues went to see the Shimomura gallery opening, grabbed a quick dinner, and finally ended at the new faculty get-together at the Faculty House and socialized with a number of people for several hours late in the evening. I came home and tried to watch the latest Harold and Kumar movie but it was so stupid and I was so tired that I fell asleep. I went to bed at 11:45pm and woke up at 10am!!!

Both of my classes went well; it is after all the first day so there's really nothing to get worked up about anyways. So I'll see in about two weeks but I do think I have a great set of students who are genuine, supportive, and very engaging.

1 comments:

ortho said...

Good luck with your first semester at your new college