Friday, August 15, 2008

My Head Hurts

New faculty orientation finished yesterday and I am still exhausted! There was a ton of information; lots of great stuff about resources, policies, guidelines, teaching, syllabi making, and most importantly of all, the students and their lives at the college. J remarked that this orientation was tons better and more detailed than the one she received at GMU. The difference clearly showed that Grinnell was extremely invested in seeing their faculty succeed.

I'm off to San Francisco for the next few days for my youngest brother's engagement party tomorrow night. I am excited to see the new couple. I'm also planning to take them on a photo shoot somewhere in The City. Maybe Palace of Fine Arts if the weather is right. I still have to figure out where. I'm not a pro but I'm hoping for a pretty good selection of candids that they can keep for themselves. There's also quite a few friends that J and I will be visiting and of course plenty of restaurants to hit up.

I am not, however, looking forward to seeing my parents. I think that's why my head hurts.

0 comments: