Monday, May 7, 2007

The Last Week

It's Monday. I'm doing my usual thing of dragging myself out of the house and working at a cafe. My favorite cafe has been either Murky Cafe or EuroMarket. I think both are Korean owned. Murky has the best coffee around, while EuroMarket has a bit of everything - food, desserts, wines, etc. Both, however, have free wi-fi access, and that is a big plus for me! Anyways, for the first time in a long while, I really don't have to worry about what to do for lecture this week. Other than exams and their final grades, I will be free (!) ... to continue finishing my dissertation.

*sighs*

It's almost over. Last week, my dissertation advisor sent me an email with the subject line "Hi" and a very concise message that read: "How are you doing?" In other words ... when am I going to be done?

I wrote back giving her a summation of my chapter, the argument that I was working on, and a projected date of completion with a reasonable deadline for my conclusion. At the end of this month is when I should be done with this chapter, and a month afterwards to finish my conclusion. And definitely some more time with edits and revisions. Nothing is ever that simple from a dissertation advisor.

Holy crap I only have 3 weeks left to finish this chapter!

0 comments: