Tuesday, March 11, 2008

At Grinnell

I'm here in Grinnell!!! I started on what will be 3 days of interviewing.

My interview started with a wonderful dinner with some of the faculty members in the department and the Special Assistant to the President on Diversity Affairs. They gave me the lowdown on what's been happening and how timely and important my talk will be for them. But more importantly, I had forgotten what it was like to have colleagues. The people who I have met thus far are simply amazing and I know that's going to be a very common theme with everyone else so I hope I can show them my best. It's been really positive. I have to get ready for tomorrow because it's going to be a very full day from morning till night. I have a serious schedule meeting faculty from the Sociology and American Studies departments as well as various administrators. On top of all that, I have a lecture demonstration and my full talk in the afternoon and somewhere in-between I have to find time to eat. It's going to be one long intense day.

0 comments: