Friday, March 14, 2008

Grinnell Day 3

Wrapped up the remaining interviews with faculty from Sociology and American Studies. I was so tired that I can't even remember their questions, let alone if my answers were coherent. I just remember ending it well and leaving Grinnell with more sights of wild turkeys, soaring hawks and eagles, and an Amish colony. I had no trouble with my flights in and out of Chicago. When I arrived at Reagan National I bumped into a former student who was working there. We chatted and he asked about where I went. I told him I was interviewing at Grinnell. "You're leaving us?" he asked. "If I get it I'm going," I said. He looked dejected and said I was his best professor ever, and then started a colorful tirade against GMU. "Gawd damn that school!" he ended. I told him that nothing has been confirmed and that I'll still be around. We laughed, shook hands, and parted ways.

I called "J" to pick me up. When I saw her drive up, I knew I was home. I got into the car, turned to her and said, "I got class issues."

"So what else is new?"

Exactly I thought.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the MP3 e MP4, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mp3-mp4-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.