Friday, May 9, 2008

So you know that itch I've been having?

I was contacted this week from some very very old classmates from my grammar school about a 25 year reunion coming this October.

All of a sudden, repressed memories buried deep inside my psyche suddenly gripped my conscious mind ...

  • freeze tag.
  • kickball.
  • dodgeball ... the real dodgeball. None of that movie crap.
  • school uniforms ... maroon sweater, white collar shirt, and blue corduroy pants.
  • afterschool basketball practice.
  • being an altar boy ... the bread was good but the wine was better.
  • my eighth grade teacher, Mrs. O'Reilly ... terror.
  • my third grade teacher, Sister Michael ... compassion.
  • choir practice.
  • memorizing prayers.
  • damn cliques ... yeah it was stupid.
  • one afterschool fight ... which was kinda lame anyways.
  • guitar lessons.
  • taking public transportation ... it was 5¢ back then for one person.

And more to come!

0 comments: