Wednesday, January 23, 2008

3.5 Hours to Go

... before I begin the spring semester with my class. I'm very annoyed at this moment. I have 75 students registered and about 10 more on the waiting list. I can reasonably expect another half-dozen or so who will wander in looking for a spot.

75 students and I'm still getting the same paycheck of a little less than $2500 for the semester. At a pretty good junior college some years ago, I taught a section with over 100 students and I got an extra thousand added to my base which came close to $4000 for that one class.

This is bullshit. And this gives me another reason not to care about this school.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Holy crap. I am speechless at the level of pure shittiness that is especially when one considers how much time is being put into the class and how many lives you are effecting. I have seen a parking ticket here that was more than that. I don't blame you for not caring about this school at all. In fact if you need help finding kerosene and matches....

By the way, I still want to read a copy of your dissertation.

Disoriented said...

OMGLOL!!!!

Thanks for the support Brian, and it is good to hear from you. =D But really it's not that bad. I was just in a foul mood. To keep things in perspective my partner knows someone who was only getting $1500!?! Now that's wretched.

Hmmmm, I could send you my chapter on hate speech if you want to read it? It's the only chapter that has the latest revisions. Let me know! =D

mystruggle said...

I want anything you are willing to let me read. From what you explained it intrigues me greatly. And in regards to your foul mood, I have started a blog, I am going to kinda use it as a auto-bio (like about a billion other people as if I am somehow special), and trust me, there will be lots of foul moods during the writing of that. What days are your classes? I'll have to meet you for a cigarette after/before class sometime.
... Brian