Thursday, January 10, 2008

Vacation Highlights (Cont)

I'm just finishing up my previous post on some remaining vacation highlights that I now remember. Some of them I had conveniently forgotten for obvious reasons. =P

  • Lunch at Wow Bao (Hot Asian Buns) in Chicago.
  • Took a morning walk outside the hotel for the day's first snowfall.
  • Slipped and fell forward down a small hill of fresh snow in the park. No pictures provided.
  • My hotel played host to a Christian youth conference. Hundreds of teenagers and their bibles. Can you say, "Be afraid. Be very afraid"?
  • Still amazed at Chicago's skyline (From the Shedd Aquarium entrance).

  • Dinner at Oysy, a Japanese restaurant, Izagaya style. Think of it as tapas or dim sum.
  • The maps exhibit at the Field Museum was awesome. I came across maps of Hull-House district (ca 1890) in Chicago that identified individuals/families by race/nationality and wage. There was also a map of England measuring literacy rates by color codes, as well as ones identifying health, income, etc. Biopolitics anyone? Governmentality?

0 comments: